Perks & Guidelines
Applications for the 2020 team open on October 21, 2019.
There will be no cost associated with applying for Team Stages in 2020. If you're accepted for the 2020 season, you will receive all membership perks and discounts. Even though spots on our team roster are limited, we encourage everyone to apply.
Criteria for Picking Team Members
- Athletes picked for the team will come from all walks of life and a wide range of ability levels.
- We're looking for athletes who are outgoing, supportive, motivated, and looking to improve their performance.
- We are looking for members that want to support their teammates through our online community, and/or at team events around the country.
- Members will receive discounts on products from a long list of industry partners.
- Members will have the chance to win prizes from our partners through monthly team contests.
- Members will receive an invite to an exclusive gathering at the Stages Cycling headquarters in Boulder, Colorado. We will bring our members together for group workouts, product education, and of course, a team celebration to end the weekend.
- Members will have access to activities planned around both local and national events in 2020. This is an excellent opportunity to meet other team members in person and race alongside them.
- Members will have private access to the team website. Each athlete can create a profile, share their race schedule, add their race results, share race blogs, upload pictures, and interact with other members.
- Members will have private access to the team mobile app. Available for download in the App store, members can communicate with each other, plan meetups at races, share pictures, and more.
- Members will have private access to the team forum. This is the perfect place to seek encouragement from team members, brag about your accomplishments, get inspired by other team members, or just share a laugh with like-minded individuals.
- Members will get access to exclusive team gear. This includes cycling gear, running gear, casual wear and more.
- Members will have exclusive access to pro meet & greets throughout the year.
- Train and race in the current Team Stages gear. We want all our members to represent the team in their athletic endeavors. We understand that some of our members will have ties to other teams and clubs, but we still want our members to represent the team as much as possible. We will verify that each member makes an initial purchase from the 2020 team store before being granted official acceptance onto the team. We will have all types of new team gear available, and it is up to each member to determine how they will represent the team in their training and racing.
- Come to a team event in 2020. We strongly encourage our members to come to a team race and/or the team gathering in Boulder, Colorado. All 2020 team races will be officially announced after our roster is set.
- Promote Stages Cycling. As team members, it’s expected that you act as an ambassador for the brand. We expect our 2020 members to help with marketing efforts through social media posts and/or through interactions with your peers during training and racing.
- Make sure to like/follow all Stages Cycling accounts. Engage with Stages Cycling, post pictures, and make sure to use the hashtags #stagescycling #stagespower #stagesdash and #wattsup
- Use the team website and team mobile app to stay updated and connected with other team members. Members should create a profile, keep your race schedule current, log race results, write race recaps, etc. The more our athletes share and engage with each other, the better we can promote everyone and brag when they do well.
- Refrain from publicly promoting any companies that sell power meters or GPS cycling computers. This is an exclusive partnership with Stages Cycling.
- Be Respectful. Athletes chosen for Team Stages are brand ambassadors and need to behave accordingly. Any action that may negatively affect the integrity of the Stages Cycling brand (i.e. doping) is cause for termination from the team.