Perks & Guidelines
Applications for the 2020-2021, eighteen-month membership cycle open on June 10, 2020
There will be no cost associated with applying for, or joining, Team Stages in this unique extended membership cycle. If you are accepted during this cycle, you will be onboarded to the existing team during the 2020 season, and remain on the team through 2021. You will have access to all membership perks and discounts beginning at onboarding.
Even though spots on our team roster are limited, we encourage everyone to apply.
Criteria for Picking Team Members
- Athletes picked for the team will come from all walks of life and ability levels.
- We are seeking athletes whom are outgoing, supportive, motivated, and looking to improve their performance.
- We are seeking members that want to be involved with their teammates through our online community, and/or at team events around the country.
- We only accept members who are at least 18 years old.
Members will have access to perks as soon as they are onboarded. Note that the timeline of perks related to travel and in-person events will be dependent on the continually changing COVID-19 pandemic.
- A steep team-only discount on Stages Cycling product.
- Discounts on products from a long list of industry partners.
- Chances to win prizes from our partners through regular team challenges.
- Invitation to an exclusive team summit at the Stages Cycling headquarters in Boulder, Colorado. We will bond over group workouts, product education, and of course, a team celebration to end the weekend!
- Invitation to activities planned around both local and national events in 2020-2021. These are opportunities to meet other team members in person and race alongside them!
- Private access to the team website where you will build your athlete profile, share your race schedule and results, write race recaps, shares photos, and interact with other members.
- Private access to the team mobile app where you can communicate with other members, plan meetups, check the team calendar, submit challenges completions, share pictures, and more.
- Private access to the team forum. This is the perfect place to seek encouragement, brag about your accomplishments, get inspired by your teammates, or just share a laugh with like-minded individuals!
- Access to exclusive team gear. This includes cycling gear, running gear, casualwear and more.
- Exclusive access to pro meet & greets and industry gear-talks throughout the year.
- Train and race in the current Team Stages gear. Members are expected to represent the team in their athletic endeavors. We understand that some of our members will have ties to other teams and clubs, but we still want our members to represent Team Stages as much as possible. **As you are joining during a unique summer membership cycle, you will not have immediate access to buy team gear during onboarding. When the 2021 Team Gear Store opens this fall, members onboarded in June will be expected to make a purchase. We will have all types of new team gear available, and it is up to each member to determine how they will represent the team in their training and racing.
- Attend a team event in 2020-2021. We strongly encourage our members to come to a team race and/or the team summit in Boulder, Colorado. Current team races are listed on the Race Schedule tab. Note that team races may change depending on the COVID-19 pandemic. 2021 races will be announced in the annual Team Stages Athlete Guide in January 2021.
- Positively promote Stages Cycling. As team members, you have been selected as an ambassador of the Stages Cycling brand. Members are expected to promote Stages Cycling through social media posts and/or through interactions with your peers during personal training and racing.
- Subscribe to Stages Cycling accounts by like/follow. Engage with Stages Cycling, post pictures, and use the hashtags #stagescycling #stagespower #stagesdash and #wattsup
- Use the team website and team mobile app to stay updated and connected with other team members. Complete your athlete profile, keep your race schedule current, log race results, write race recaps, etc. The more our athletes share and engage with each other, the better we can promote everyone and brag on accomplishments!
- Refrain from publicly promoting any companies that sell power meters or GPS cycling computers. This is an exclusive partnership with Stages Cycling.
- Be respectful and responsible. Athletes chosen for Team Stages are brand ambassadors and must behave accordingly. Any actions that may negatively affect the integrity of the Stages Cycling brand (i.e. doping) is cause for immediate and permanent termination of membership.